Discussion Topics« Return to Available: Jobs / Freelancing / Prospects
Marketing Communications Specialist
One of my nonprofit clients is looking for a new Marketing Communications Specialist. The organization does a wide range of amazing work helping to break the destructive cycle often associated with human services and correctional systems. Check them out here:
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a full-time position, with overall supervision provided by the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position is responsible for multiple areas of marketing including developing multiple communication strategies across all programs, content creation, strategic social media marketing and website maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement effective communication strategies to reach target audiences and increase community outreach
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Align messaging and communication strategies across different program areas
· Update website content as needed to maintain website appearance and functionality
· Create content for NCIA’s blog, social media, company newsletter, email campaigns etc.
· Generate digital content with photography and/or video to accompany any communications related marketing
· Manage email marketing campaigns (e.g. Constant Contact), track performance and identify areas of improvement as necessary
· Design various marketing collateral in accordance with NCIA’s message (flyers, brochures, annual reports, newsletters etc.)
· Assist with the organization and design of promotional material for NCIA’s special events
· Support the need of any member of the leadership team as it relates to communications
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or business preferred
· Minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
· Ability to write, photograph/film, and edit content that tells a compelling story
· Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Knowledge of standard SEO practices
· Experience working with content management systems (WordPress, etc.)
· High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
· Basic video editing skills
· Flexibility to work some weekends/evenings as necessary
· Understanding of Google Analytics
· Experience with Hootsuite is a plus
· Must be creative and a self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: This position requires a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Office sedentary work with computers and phones. Regularly exposed to weather conditions during travel to and from worksites and appointments.