Hi all --
Please pass along an awesome opportunity that we have at the ONE campaign in DC.
ONE is a global non-profit organization focused on raising public awareness about the issues of global poverty, hunger, disease and efforts to fight such problems in the world's poorest countries.
ONE offers a number of office-based internship positions (Washington D.C., London, and Berlin) throughout the spring, summer and fall. Interns will be exposed to multiple facets of ONE and be actively engaged in departmental work such as: grassroots mobilization, field organizing, internet projects, communications and global operations.
ONE is looking for an intern to support the Global Creative Team from January 30 – May 4.
· Primary responsibility will be managing ONE’s online design database: collecting, tagging, uploading and organizing images to ONE’s creative asset management system. This will be a daily responsibility.
· Support creative team with light graphic design work around marketing and advocacy campaigns. Execution may include logos, photo editing, 1-pagers and posters.
· Assist with photo and video shoots doing background research and assisting on-site
· Support new media team editing video and photo assets, creating supporting design work.
Attend team meetings, taking notes and reporting
back on action items
· Major in graphic design, online/motion, advertising preferred
· Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Light room, or Bridge
· Proficiency in editing digital video in Final Cut Pro a plus
Passion for grassroots advocacy, innovative
marketing, and making a difference by interning with ONE!
To be eligible for an internship at ONE, candidates must be
undergraduate level students with a minimum of sophomore status or recent
graduates within 6 months of completing their undergraduate degree. Interns are
required to work a minimum of 15 hours per week and can work up to 35 hours per
week. A small stipend is provided based on the number of hours worked per week
or students can receive academic credit consistent with their university's guidelines
(Please Note: interns are not eligible to earn both a stipend and academic
credit). Also, housing is not provided and interns are responsible for making
their own housing arrangements.
Internship Term Period:
Spring Term 2011: January 30th to May 4th, 2012
Spring Term 2011: January 15th, 2012
If you are interested in applying, please submit a design portfolio for this role including 3 examples of your creative talent – photos, videos, ads, online or offline creative along with a resume, cover letter, the contact information of 2-3 references, and the questionnaire to the following address or email: The questionnaire can be found the internship page of our website at www.one.org.
The ONE Campaign
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1400 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005